Summer is an incredible time to visit the serene Haliburton Highlands, a lovely vacation destination located in Central Ontario, sitting less than three hours away from bustling Toronto. Come surround yourself with beautiful nature at Sandy Lane Resort, one of the top-rated cottage resorts in Ontario! Our guests return year after year to enjoy all the seasonal excitement and relaxation our resort offers, from incredible recreational amenities to close proximity to quaint neighbouring townships.
This summer, allow our cottages to be your mini home away from home. The number of on-site things to do in the summer feels endless! You and yours will never be bored during your vacation. We also encourage you to get off-site and explore the nearby charm of Minden, Ontario.
Spend the Day in Minden, Ontario
Located around 25 minutes away from Sandy Lane Resort, the welcoming township of Minden, Ontario, is a great place to wander around during a summer day trip while staying at our resort. The village’s motto is “In season, Every season,” as it’s a fantastic year-round destination for locals and visitors alike!
In the summer, you’ll be in the midst of stunning lush scenery and an endearing small-town atmosphere. Several community landmarks and things to do center on the local greenery and Gull River, which runs through its center. See below for a list of enticing daytime Minden activities—
- Start your day with a decadent French Canadian breakfast at Wintergreen Maple Products and Pancake Barn
- Stroll along the Minden Riverwalk, which meanders along the Gull River and is dotted with wooden carvings
- Reach the popular wooden Minden Boardwalk, a good trail for kiddos, accessible from the riverwalk
- Enjoy a picnic at Minden Rotary Park, then head out on a lazy river excursion with Minden River Run
- Peer down upon Minden from the lookout at Panorama Park, which is also a dazzling fall attraction
- Gather some fresh produce and local goods at the Minden Farmers’ Market, and try out some of our favourite cottage recipes
- Visit the Agnes Jamieson Gallery and view the work of one of Canada’s foremost artists
- After visiting the gallery, further explore the surrounding four-acre site that makes up Minden Hills Cultural Centre
- Wrap up your memorable day trip and cool off with a tasty dairy treat at Kawartha Dairy-Minden
- Staying for dinner? We recommend dining at the Pepper Mill Steak & Pasta House
Take time to recharge away from the city hustle and bustle with Sandy Lane Resort. Your summers with us will become an unforgettable family vacation tradition. In addition to our close proximity to summery Minden, Ontario, our resort boasts incredible year-round activities right outside your Halls Lake cottage. Book your stay with us online today!