The winter season is here, which is the perfect time for romantic getaways in Ontario. There’s nothing like the cold weather to put you in the mood for snuggling up! Sandy Lane Resort has an incredible selection of cozy cottage rentals in the Halibartian, Ontario, area. Enjoy a romantic getaway in Ontario with our resort’s on-site amenities and plush cottages. Make sure to read our guide below on the most romantic activities in the area for the getaway of your dreams!
11 Activities for Romantic Getaways in Ontario
- Ice Skating: Enjoy ice skating at Sandy Lane Resort during your romantic Ontario getaway.
- Eagle’s Nest Park & Lookout: Go on a hike through An Algonquin Story interpretive trails. This park was government funded to highlight the early indigenous presence in the area and the early European settlement.
- Dorset Scenic Lookout Tower: Couples can remember their romantic getaways forever when they get a picture on top of the Dorset Scenic Lookout Tower with breathtaking views of Ontario.
- Haliburton Sculpture Forest: Stroll through extraordinary sculptures crafted by international artists. This is an excellent spot for skiing and snowshoeing in the winter as well.
- Algonquin Park: This park is among the best spots in Ontario for romantic getaways. In the winter, you can enjoy cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, wildlife viewing, dog sledding, ice fishing, snowmobiling, ice skating, interpretive trails, and the Winter in the Wild Festival in February.
- Ice Cream Tour: It may not be summer anymore, but we think ice cream makes for a pretty sweet date year-round!
- Dog Sled Ride: Embarking on an Ontario dog sled ride could be a thrilling and unique experience for romantic getaways.
- Private Hot Tub: From November 1 to May 1, couples staying at Sandy Lane Resort can cuddle up in a private hot tub in Cathedral Style Cottages #6, 7, 8 and 10.
- Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides: Can you think of a more enchanting activity for romantic getaways than a horse-drawn sleigh ride through Ontario at Rockfield Farm?
- Coffee Shop Tour: Spend the morning with your honey enjoying one of the incredible coffee shops in the area.
- Rhubarb Restaurant: A dinner date is a staple for romantic getaways, and Rhubarb is one of the finest date night restaurants in Ontario.